This year's categories are Digital, Pre-Drawn, Original Painting and Timed. Age groups: Adults (18+), Teens (13-17), and Children (12 and younger).
Time and place:
The Art Contest will take place in the Mayborn Planetarium building.
- Register until 8 pm on Saturday, May 18.
- Winners will be announced Sunday at 5 pm during our awards show
Please read and make sure you understand the rules before registering. If you have any questions, you can message us on Facebook or email us at email@example.com
- All participants will submit their artwork knowing if their art is to place in one of the top five slots in this contest, the artwork will be kept and put on display at the Mayborn Science Theater.
- All participants must try to be as family-friendly as possible while considering potential drawing topics/subjects as their submission for this contest.
- All participants must be present during the final announcement of winners and award ceremony in order to receive a prize and/or placement in the contest. Any participants failing to attend the ceremony on Sunday, May 19 at 5 pm may not receive any place or prize in the contest and the next attendee on the list will receive the place/prize instead.
- All participants must sign the release form onsite acknowledging acceptance of the rules.
- All digital and pre-drawn submissions will be submitted by the end of registration on May 18 at 8 pm.
- All timed participants will submit their artwork at the end of their allotted time of one hour without needing to be tracked down for their final submission.
- All persons under the age of 18 must have an adult guardian sign the release form consenting to the said person's participation in the Anime Drawing Contest, knowing that during this contest, there could possibly be other contestants whose submitted drawings may not be suitable for younger eyes.
- All children age 13 and under must be in sight of their parent or adult guardian at all times during the period used to participate in the anime drawing contest.
EGX reserves the right to make exceptions to these rules at any time, for any reason.
Awards will be presented in the Dome in Mayborn Science Theater on Sunday, May 19 at 5 pm.
Pre-Registration will be open online until 11:59 p.m., May 16th.
Click here to pre-register. Pre-registered entries will still need to check in at on-site registration to submit their entry, receive a contestant number, and complete the release form.
Walk-up registration will be available in the Mayborn Science Theater building.
- Friday, May 17th from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Saturday, May 18th from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m.